|Plant Height||2-3 FT|
|Seed Count||450,000 Seeds per LB|
|Botanical Name||Verbena stricta|
|Preferred Sites||Dry - Well-Drained Soils - Upland/Grassland - Disturbed|
|Pollinator Value||Very Good|
Hoary Vervain is a short-lived perennial with mature heights of 1-5 feet tall and is found across much of the United States. Also known as Woolly Verbena or Hoary Verbena this hardy plant is often found in pastures, roadsides, farmyards and disturbed areas.
- Reproduces by reseeding itself
- The plant blooms for long periods of time from June to September
- It is highly utilized by pollinators making it a great choice for butterfly gardens and landscaping.
- This plant will spread in overgrazed pasture due to livestock's refusal to consume the bitter tasting leaves
- Growing in full sun is preferred but will tolerate some shade and grows well in all many soil types
- Deer resistant specie