|Planting Rate||20 to 30 LBS per Acre|
Green Field is a seven specie mix designed to agronomically contribute to increased organic matter, fix nitrogen, scavenge nutrients, and condition soil. A diverse blend designed to provide a high amount of warm-season biomass with potential for summer grazing, with both fibrous and tap-rooted species.
Benefits of Cover Crops
- Nitrogen Fixing: To generate nitrogen credits beneficial for the next primary crop.
- Nutrient Scavenging: To consume and temporarily sequester (tie-up) nitrogen or to reclaim unreachable reservoirs of nutrients.
- Mulching and Organic Matter: To improve soil health (moisture retention and water holding capacity) as well as to reduce soil erosion.
- Soil conditioning: To reduce soil compaction, fracture hard-pan, and generally improve soil structure.
- Soil Pest Management: To suppress nematodes and disrupt pest cycles.
- Upland Birds: Creates brood rearing cover when planted in the spring through late summer.