|Mesic to Dry_ Well-Drained Soils _ Upland/Grassland
Call 800-782-7311 for availability and pricing.
Arkansas Rose, commonly called Prairie Rose, is native to the central portion of the United States from Texas to the Great Lakes region and from New Mexico to Montana.
- Commonly found on upland prairies and grasslands
- Prefers full sun exposure
- Short growing, 1-3 feet, shrub-like plant
- Adaptable to mesic to dry and well-drained soils
- Very deep rooted makes it a drought tolerant specie
- Large pink flowers, 2 inches wide or more bloom from May-July
- The hips, or seed pods, provide an excellent source of food for birds and small mammals throughout fall and winter
- Colorful seed pods linger well into fall and winter